Dear Parents/Guardians and Students:
The Administration and staff would like to welcome all our students to A. N. Myer Secondary School for the 2012-2013 school year, with an extra special welcome extended to our incoming Grade 9's as they join our school community.
Please refer to the checklist for registration dates and fee structures. When you come to register cash payment will be accepted only. The following completed and signed forms must accompany your payment.
- The Student Verification Form should be checked for accuracy. Your attention to this document, with appropriate signatures, will ensure that your son/daughter is able to participate fully in the life of the school.
- Anaphylaxis Form must be completed and signed
either "Yes"= anaphylactic or "No"= not anaphylactic.
- Acceptable Use Agreement for students using Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Graduation Form for students graduating this year.
There will be no fees or costs charged to students to participate in the regular day school program. Fees may be charged where the student chooses to upgrade the material or where purchase of material is optional (construction upgrade in the type of wood, some visual arts materials). Students enrolled in secondary schools in the District School Board of Niagara can expect to be provided with the basic classroom learning resources that are required in order to complete the course expectations.
Students are expected to come to school ready and willing to participate actively in their own learning. To that end, students are expected to bring materials with them for their own personal learning (e.g., pencils, pens, paper, binders, etc.).
- Student Activity Fee: ($55.00) includes a yearbook, student agenda and access to extracurricular school activities throughout the year. These funds also help support student council initiatives and student leadership opportunities.
- Graduation Fee: ($50.00) for all graduating students. This is to cover the cost of gown and associated graduation expenses. (Please supply your height to the secretary when paying your deposit.)
- Yearbooks are included in the Student Activity Fee.
- Student Accident Insurance is available and we highly recommend that parents/guardians consider the student insurance made available and select a plan suitable to your student’s needs.
We hope you have a great summer, and start school in September rested and refreshed, and ready to make a commitment to maintaining the high standards of academic excellence and co-curricular involvement that are expected from all Myer Students.